THE CITY OF ROCKFORD IS UPDATING ITS MASTER PLAN.
The Master Plan sets long term goals and objectives for the City. The City’s current plan was written in 2002 and is in need of a refresh.
What is a Master Plan?
» It’s a vision plan for how the City will grow and develop.
» It contains:
• maps that identify suitable locations for commercial, residential, and mixed-use development;
• locations where the City should encourage redevelopment;
• strategies for fostering economic development; and
• strategies for conservation of natural and historic resources.
Why is planning important?
» The Master Plan is a blueprint to improve the overall livability of a community.
» It provides a guide to important issues like:
• informing zoning;
• where the City should improve intersections, sidewalks, and provide bike paths;
• how a community looks and feels; and
• improvements to public parks and community facilities.
How can I help?
» We want to hear from you!
» The City of Rockford is YOUR community, and this is YOUR plan!
» We have LOTS of opportunities for you to talk to us:
• Farmers Market (October 2, 2021)
• Classroom Collaboration
• Community Survey: SurveyMonkey.com/r/RockfordMP